Monday, February 13, 2006

there were olives, and behold, it was very good.

okay, I made the olive tapenade stuff. And all I have to say is: wow.

We have "fresh" olives here, of course, so naturally I had to go to taste each kind and decide which would be best. After deciding on the darkest ones, I also bought some "gebna rumi"--country cheese--which is somewhere between soft and semi-soft, is kind of salty, and in general tastes good. (sorry, no goat cheese here.) Then I picked up my favorite breadsticks from the bakery and we were ready to go!

I had to mortar-and-pestle it, and the mortar/pestle in our "big kitchen" (the communal kitchen) is made of plastic. So this took a while...and a couple of different people, actually. After smushing the pits out of the olives, chopping lots of garlic, and sticking it all in there, I smushed.

And smushed.

And smushed.

Then Jennifer smushed.

Then Jay smushed.

Finally, it was ready right around the time the rest of dinner was ready. LOL.

It was so so so good, that it was all gone by the end of dinner. All of it. No leftovers for Teri the smusher, oh no.

yum.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Yay! You go Teri the Smusher (I feel I should get you a t-shirt that says that... hmmm...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home