Saturday, February 04, 2006

lame

sorry i'm so lame with the cooking right now.
I totally came down with a cold the night we returned from our YAV field trip, and I can't taste much so I don't know if what I've been cooking is particularly good or what. We had burritos in a bowl yesterday for lunch--with highly imported Taco Bell refried beans because I was too lazy to make my own. You know, soaking the beans, etc... Also I made a pasta dinner yesterday...with my own sauce, naturally (onions, zucchini, carrots, green bell peppers, green beans, fresh tomatoes, canned stewed tomatoes with their juice, and some tomato paste and water...lots of spices like basil and oregano and garlic and stuff). Jason said it was really really good, and it looked really tasty--all bright red with green stuff--but I couldn't taste much of it. I ate it again today...still not a lot of taste. But I also couldn't taste the vanilla tea and cookies, or the twix, so I'm sure it wasn't the sauce. I stayed bland with dinner--baked potato with butter/salt/pepper. Then I coughed up a little of it... boo. that's why I had to eat twix. To make myself feel better. Except I couldn't taste it very well, so it didn't work like i'd hoped. And that has nothing whatsoever to do with cooking....

I started blogging about Italy over at my other house. I wrote some about food. It's way more exciting than this. Sorry...and now Jason's gone for a week so I don't know if there will be any excitement. Mashed potatoes, when I can taste them again. other than that...eh. we'll see. Maybe I'll eat out a lot this week. Especially if I can't taste it anyway--those 12 cent sandwiches are good, but how much better if you can't taste them? At least you only spent 12 cents.

I think I'm done now. I clearly should be in bed. I hope you all are having better food days than me. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home