Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tastey Sandwich

Last Thursday my prayer group and I had a picnic on top of a hill that overlooked Staunton (and right next to the grave of the very first Stauntonian settler). It was lovely - much meditation goodness and belly happiness. Our host made us a sandwich that I have now remade 3 times in the past week. It's either that good or I need to get out more.

Need:
bread (ciabatta bread or a wheat baguette will do)
olives
tomatoes
mayo
provolone cheese
feta cheese (I like the basil and tomato feta myself)
lettuce

Instructions:
Er, make a sandwich? You need to cut the olives up into a spreadable mush, and toasting the bread gives it an extra umph. Just a tasty sandwich that goes create with a nice chai.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger noe said...

i bet you could substitute olive tapenade fro mushed olives, since they are pretty similar... sounds quite tasty... but i may need to get out more too! ;)

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Teri said...

oh, this sounds so good! I want one now!!!! But, sadly, there is no provolone cheese here. Unless maybe I go to Quizno's and ask just for cheese. hmmm....

oh, yum.....i'm pouting about the fact that I can't have this sandwich. lucky amy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home