Wednesday, February 01, 2006

intro

i have nothing to say cooking wise, but i thought i would introduce myself to the blog! i'm the new girl and my name is emily! :) teri and i go way back to undergrad, where we were both dreaming of being world famous clarinetists and then realizing that maybe we should find a dream that was a little less silly and heading off into grad school to accomplish worthier things than hanging around in a practice room breaking reeds against stands. teri actually made her getaway. i somehow got sucked back into the practice room vaccuum and now employ myself as a working musician.
But more important to all of you is that i like to cook!!! and have been doing quite a lot of it. most of it experimental. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...you know how it goes. teri invited me to join cuz she has been reading about my fascinating cooking exploits on my other blog and i'm excited to be here cuz i've been reading your adventures so far, and look forward to sharing my stories and getting to know all of you better by reading yours!
ok then. that's it for now.
but just for the record, i don't have a ricer. i KNOW! i've just never actually had to use one so i haven't bought one. oh the SHAME!!! lol.
BUT, i do have fond memories of pad thai with tofu from noodles in the pot, teri. it's the best.
and tomorrow marks my first experience cooking ala crockpot. i've always considered myself above the crockpot, that somehow it represents all things way older than me. like grandmother old. and i wasn't yet willing to embrace it. well, i gave in. cuz i've got some good pot full o crock recipes to try.
tomorrow:

the truth.
is the crockpot really worth the $20 i spent?
will it change my life like so many say?
is leaving food to cook aaalllll ddddaaayyyy really that wonderful?

alright. i'm really done now.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger noe said...

welcome to the cooking blog emily!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Welcome, welcome!

I too have a crockpot that I look at suspiciously...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home